Friday, November 5, 2010

NaNoWriMo

It's day five of National Novel Writing Month, and I am totally kicking ass! My word count is sitting at just over 9k. WooHoo go me. And yet the plotline for this year's adventure is still something of a mystery to me.

What I do know is way outside my comfort zone. The main character is an FBI agent. Her credentials are so far outside my experience that I'm going to spend December in some heavy research. She's got some mystical overtones in her personal/spiritual life but so far nothing paranormal has popped out at me. On top of that it's a murder mystery and the bad guy is just plain icky. I had to write this scene yesterday that was totally gross. Finally there has been almost no romance. Oh there's a love interest, he's there, they've met. Yet every time I sit down to write a romantic scene it gets interrupted by the murders be it another body popping up and taking her away from him or that bad guy starts shouting in my head to be heard.

Still I'm having a blast. I've sat down and written every single day this week. It's been fun and disturbing. It has been too damn long since I've enjoyed sitting down and writing.

No comments: